A safe, family-like environment rich in stimulating experiences
The bilingual “John M. Carras” Kindergarten is an enlightened learning environment that encourages experimentation, discovery, collaborative learning and research centered on play. Relying on previous experiences, students learn to think and act in an empirical manner in order to discover knowledge. Through a variety of stimuli and innovative activities, they cultivate 21st century attitudes and skills that are required of future 21st century global citizens. In the bilingual Kindergarten, students are exposed daily to both the English and Greek languages through a program tailored to the individual needs of each child. Respectful of the uniqueness of each child, our goal is to have cheerful students who will evolve into responsible, global citizens.
Our Kindergarten is a pedagogical environment dominated by mutual acceptance and love, a space that respects the ideas and feelings of all its members, be they students, parents, educators or partners.
The bilingual curriculum of our Kindergarten is centered on the principles of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP)*, which is targeted to students 3-12 years of age. Since September 1, 2019, our Kindergarten has been in the process of applying for candidacy as an authorized PYP school.
The objective of this programme is to shape well-rounded students. Through research and study of transdisciplinary units carried out in a bilingual environment, students are encouraged to actively approach learning and to cultivate attitudes towards life, as well as skills. Guided by students’ pre-existing knowledge and interests, section teachers, in collaboration with specialized teachers, design pedagogically appropriate learning experiences in both Greek and English whose aim is to help students build meaning and conceptual connections between experiences, information and research.
Things you should know about our School’s Kindergarten:
- “John M. Carras” Kindergarten is a bilingual school with learning taking place in both Greek and English.
- Each section has 2 experienced teachers: one Greek-speaking and one English-speaking and is supported by an assistant kindergarten teacher.
- Special subjects in the Core and Extended programs are taught by specialized preschool teachers.
- An in-house Nurse and Pediatrician monitor students each day.
- It is the only school in Greece supported by a psychoeducational team comprised of one child psychologist, one speech therapist and one occupational therapist.
- Parents and School work hand-in-hand.
- Particular emphasis is placed on “life-long learning” and the training of teachers in cutting-edge educational methodology.
- It is housed in a bioclimatic design building / green building.
- It is furnished with materials, technological equipment and infrastructure that are of a singular nature.