Preparing students for tomorrow's challenges
In our upper secondary school units, students enrich the knowledge and experiences gained from their years of study at Athens College and prepare for tomorrow’s challenges.
In a singular educational environment, with cutting-edge facilities and infrastructure, General High School students evolve and mature, each setting their individual goals for the future. They acquire the tools they need to perfect 21st century skills that are essential for their future, such as critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity.
The objective is to help children develop into all-round individuals so that they may transition smoothly to tertiary education and, at the same time, be able to assert their place in society responsibly
Things you should know about High School at Athens College:
- Lessons take place in state-of-the-art classrooms, well-equipped science and computer laboratories, and spaces specifically designed for visual arts and music.
- Our faculty members have vast training and experience as educators and belong to Academic Departments that correspond to their respective area of expertise.
- The School is a member of New York Academy of Science’s “Global STEM Alliance” for the implementation of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) program.
- In 2019, the School was conferred with The Entrepreneurial School (TES) Award for actively engaging students in the field of Youth Entrepreneurship.
- It belongs to the Eco-School Network of the Hellenic Society for the Protection of Nature.