Procedure to Justify Absences for Students who Reside with Individuals Facing Increased COVID19 Health Risks
Psychico, April 15, 2021
The attached Joint Ministerial Decision (KYA) 43274/ΓΔ4/14-04-2021 (ΦΕΚ Β' 1512/14-04-2021), outlines the way to justify 2nd semester student absences
for pupils who are not themselves members of vulnerable health groups, but you live with someone who faces increased
COVID-19 risks due to other underlying health conditions.
Very briefly, the procedure is as follows:
1. Parents/guardians or students over the legal age,
a) Send an affidavit (1599/1986) regarding a request to be physically absent from classes, and instead continue with distance learning.
b) Along with the aforementioned affidavit, submit (in a sealed envelope) all the official medical documents verifying the relative’s (or anyone who lives in the same household’s) illness, and an affidavit (155/1986) authorizing the processing of his/her medical documents.
2. The school, issues a protocol number upon receipt of the aforementioned documents. It then keeps a photocopy for the School’s confidential records and send the originals in a sealed envelope the Directorate of Secondary Education to which the school belongs. The Directorate, maintaining legally foreseen confidentiality measures, forwards the documents to the Ministry of Health for assessment and approval.
3. The Ministry of Health issues its findings to the Directorate of Secondary Education, which in turn notifies of the School of the decision.
4. The School assigns a confidential protocol number to the decision and safeguards it together with copies of the affidavits. At the end of the school year, all documents are destroyed.
5. Until such time as an official decision is issued, those students who have submitted the relevant documents must continue with distance learning.
For more details regarding the above procedures, please refer to
the Greek version of this announcement (top right of this page, switch from EN
to EL) or see the attached KYA.
You are kindly requested to carefully follow instructions and to
submit the required documents on a timely basis. Please hand your envelope to the guard at the
Filothei Gate (located on Bizaniou Street) for delivery to the School’s
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
High School Director