Information to Parents regarding High School Reopening on Monday, February 1, 2021
Psychico, January 26, 2021
To the Parents of
Athens College High School students
In view of the reopening of schools, we would like to update you regarding the following:
A. REOPENING OF SCHOOL UNITS
In accordance with Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs instructions, effective Monday, February 1, 2021, all high school students will return to in-person teaching. The amended schedule in effect during distance learning will cease and students will attend classes as per the weekly timetable that was in effect on Friday, September 25, 2020, prior to school closures (attached).
Due to this change, some of the scheduled online parent-teacher meeting to discuss your children’s progress may not be possible. If that is the case, starting Saturday, January 30, 2021, you will need to reschedule your online appointments with teachers. We would also like to point out that effective February 1, 2021, telephone communication with teachers will resume according to the attached schedule.
Protection and prevention measures aimed at the safety of the entire school community are of great importance to us. Teachers will oversee the observance of protection measures outlined in the Ministry of Education instructions.
We remind you that:
1. The canteen and vending machines will operate as usual in accordance with EODY and Ministry protocols. At each point of sale, there will be lanes with markings to help students observe social distancing and avoid crowding.
2. During the staggered breaks, each class section will follow a specific route and exit Benaki Hall from a different point in order to avoid crowding at the exit doors.
3. Students will be temperature screened each day.
Lastly, in view of the unusual circumstances we are experiencing, we remind you that, until further notice, the following measures – which will be modified in order to align with the prevailing epidemiological data – are in in force in all of the HAEF school units:
1. Suspension of all after-school sports activities, as well as corresponding sports activities on Saturdays.
2. Suspension of all after-school classes. Therefore, late afternoon buses will not run.
3. Cancellation of all swimming lessons during the normal school program
4. Continuation of Optional After-School Activities in the context of modern, distance learning.
B. ACCESSING 1ST SEMESTER GRADES – PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES
We wish to remind you that the 1st semester ended on January 20, 2021. As of Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:00 hrs., you will have online access to your son’s/daughter’s grades through the SoSimple app, which you use to book appointments with teachers, by following the steps below:
1. Open any browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox) and type in www.athenscollege.edu.gr. Once on the College website, click on the person icon located on the top right and enter your username and password to enter your personal portal. In Applications, with the help of the arrows located on the bottom right, search for the Students’ Grades tab, select it, and use your child’s codes to enter.
2. Select your son’s/daughter’s name.
3. Select the field Attached → Document →΄ACHS Report Card → Download or View
Additionally, parents of 10th grade (A΄Lykeion) students can access their child’s MYP Report as of Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:00 hrs., as follows:
1. Open any browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox) and type in www.athenscollege.edu.gr. Once on the College website, click on the person icon located on the top right and enter your username and password to enter your personal portal. In Applications, with the help of the arrows , located on the bottom right, search for the Managebac tab, select it, and use your child’s codes to enter.
2. On left side of the screen, select Menu → Reports.
Also, please be informed that on Wednesday, February 10, 2021, from 17:00 to 20:00, Parent-Teacher Conferences to discuss the progress of all High School student will be held online. The procedure to teleconference with your children’s teachers is identical to the one you follow for weekly meetings. You will be able to book an online appointment with your children’s teaches any time from Thursday, February 4, 2021, 08:00 hrs., through Monday, February 28, 2021, 23:59 hrs. After the deadline, you will be unable to book another online appointment for this Parent-Teacher Conference session. Please note that from Wednesday, February 3, 2021 through Thursday, February 4, 2021, 08:00 hrs., the online booking system will be disabled in order to update it for the February 10, 2021 meetings.
To communicate through MS Teams:
1. Enter the MS Teams platform using your personal username and password.
2. Once entered, you will see the list of teachers (Teams groups) with whom you have an appointment. At the scheduled time, enter the teacher’s team and select join to inform the teacher of your presence.
3. Then, depending on the order of priority, the teacher will accept your request to join and communication begins.
4. Each meeting will have a maximum 5-minute duration.
Should you encounter any problem with your MS Teams connection, please contact [email protected]
Thank you for your cooperation. We wish you strength and safety as we move ahead, as well as good progress to our students.
Christos I. Konstantopoulos
High School Director